Friday, March 5, 2010

The Milwaukee Brewery Tour Trifecta Part 1-Miller


Travelled up north on a Friday in February to visit with friends and sample that which made Milwaukee famous. Chose to visit the Miller Brewery first, since they offered the earliest tour, of our three choices. The 12:30 PM tour took us through the bottling and canning, the brew house and a walk through that portion of the Miller valley.

Kind of uneventful, and although our tour guide did a good job, I wish she didn't mention the fact that we were getting free beer at the end so many times. I think everyone understood that anyway. Not that many people were on the tour and all the Miller buildings seemed fairly empty of employees.

For a change since the last time I was there I thought the addition of Coors to the Miller mix would change things a little, but she mentioned that the only Coors product brewed in Milwaukee was Coors Light.

Now for some trivia: Q: What are the three most popular beers brewed in Milwaukee?

A: Lite, MGD, Milwaukee's Best.




At the end we went to the Miller Inn where we were able to sample three beers: Lite, MGD and the third of our choice. It was good having a fresh draft beer there and we sent free postcards out too. For my third choice I asked for the Pilsner Urquell, which was on tap there (MillerCoors now owns them , along with Fosters, Peroni and Molson to round out their international flavors). Unfortunately they were unable to pour me one from their tapper so I instead chose the Leinenkugels 1888 Bock instead. I was glad I did. I wished I could try a few more, but it was time to go on to the next leg of the tour, Sprecher.

No comments:

Post a Comment