Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Brewery Visit: Southern Tier Brewing Co.-Nature's Friend


On my recent trip to New York to visit our friends we looked on the map, as we usually do, for the nearest baseball team or brewery and plan our schedule out. I saw two breweries on the map, but my direction finder put us extremely close to Lakewood, New York, home of Southern Tier Brewing company, a beer I had tasted before that I purchased in a Craft Your Own six-pack at my local Binny's. I thought that beer was good so we went to this brewery. The reason I mention this is because fellow beer drinker and brewery visitor Mark recommended another, Ellicotville, but my GPS placed it 100 miles away. Little did I know I had entered it wrong and it was only 20 miles. I think maybe we will try that one next time.

Me, wood wall
This brewery was not too far from the Penn-NY line, and was only a short jump from Lake Chautauqua, a large lake frequented by thousands each summer. Southern Tier boasts of using solar power and being a friend of nature. From their website I read:

Southern Tier Brewing Company is committed to providing delicious, accessible and unique products. In doing so, we aim to change the way people drink beer. 

A close look at our logo reveals a brewers star. It may be just one diminutive graphic, but it plays a huge role in our brewery. The star represents purity in six crucial facets of our work; water, hops, grain, malt, yeast and brewer. We believe that by maintaining the highest quality possible in these areas, we will produce world-class beverages.



No comments:

Post a Comment