Monday, May 28, 2012

Craft Beer Monday Review: Scapegoat Maibock

Another seasonal from Mickey Finn's, in Libertyville. Usually I include this in the seasonals listing, but pretty much everything there is seasonal, except for the 847 American Wheat and the Amber Ale, their flagship. Described by the brewery, they really need to work on blowing their own horn since they use such descriptive terms as "a lot of grain" and "pretty drinkable":


   This German-style lager is brewed to be served during the month of May. A lot of grain is used in the production of bock beers which creates maltiness and a higher percentage of alcohol. Pretty drinkable, with a crisp slight hop finish. Don't miss the blessing of the bock!


Stein photo, not the maibock, which is a little darker.
Needless to say, I missed the blessing of the bock, though through no fault of my own, I must add. I missed it because this quote was from last year. 

This was tasty and clean. A lot of malt, some hop, not much, but actually pretty refreshing after all. I had another, actually, not only because it was served in a stein and really like them delivered that way, especially lagers. I really think it is a good idea to have a handle on a glass, although with this one, it is really not a big deal because it is not in my glass long enough to be warmed by my hand.

CBC Rating: 4. Served on tap in said stein.

ABV: 7%. 

No comments:

Post a Comment