Monday, July 9, 2012

Craft Beer Monday Review: Bitter End

Yes, I am biased towards Two Brothers beers. I have to admit it.

I am thinking back to when I started to really enjoy craft beers and besides Sam Adams and Leinenkugels, which I had been drinking for a long time, I really didn't have too many of the craft beers. There was a small microbrewery start-up in Arlington Heights once that I went a few times (O'Gradys) but they closed down years ago, and the few times I went out with Bingo that we tried some of them down by him. But Two Brothers was the perfect place for me, great styles and flavors and a really enjoyable place to drink them too.

Anyway, now to the Bitter End. It is a really great example of an American Pale Ale, plain and simple. Unfiltered, brownish gold, cool and crsip but with a kind of a sour or tangy taste along with the stronger bitterness at the end.

They describe it this way: This Pale Ale has a subtle malty character with noticeable hop flavor and aroma. Three classic American hop varieties add complexity to this incredibly drinkable beer. At the end of every glass, you will discover how this pale ale got its name.

TB has chosen to make this a regular in its year round favorites, and you can find it a few different ways, such as the case selection that will include it with the Domaine no matter what time of year it is. Plus when they expanded their choices into 12 packs BE was one that would be available. Good thing too. See that announcement here.

CBC Rating: 4. Poured into a shaker pint glass and drank it very cold.

ABV: 5.2%

No comments:

Post a Comment