Monday, July 9, 2012

Craft Beer Monday Review: Mad Hatter

I have had this beer before and it is one of my favorite IPA's, but not necessarily my favorite from NH, if that makes any sense. I just re-tried the Sundog and it is really my favorite from them. But this is still pretty good.

It is good, floral, piney, with only a slight edge of bitterness, which becomes greatly more pronounced as it warms a little bit, but still a mellower and balanced beer. I might, actually say it is a little on the mild side. A little fruit is added at the end too.

 From them:

Dry-hopped for a distinctive, floral hop aroma; subtly balanced with delicious malt notes. Pairings: spicy dishes, greens and aged cheese. 12.5° Plato Alc. 5.25% by Vol. Last Shipped: Ongoing Estimated...

They have actually spawned some other hatter beers. In fact, they went really crazy with the following:



I think this is overdoing it a little but, I suppose, but they found something good and they stayed with it.

CBC Rating: 4. Poured from the bottle into my Finch pint glass. Bought as part of a Binny's Craft Your own sixpack.

ABV: 5.25%

No comments:

Post a Comment