Monday, June 11, 2012

Craft Beer Monday Review: Oberon

I was looking through my files and I have seen that I have been tasting and enjoying the deliciousness of Bell's Oberon for years and have posted those tastings without an official review. Due to its expanded season I am not isolating it into a summer only seasonal. My first sampling this year was in March (see here).

First turned on to Oberon by Bingo, who frequently enjoys them while boating and other pursuits in the state of Pure Michigan, Oberon keeps coming back to us each year in its flavorful and smooth tasty way. The bottle art and caps are fun, too, although they might have taken it a bit too far when I saw their ballcaps recently: Is this Miami Dolphins or Marlins colors? Would I wear this a lot? Uh, no.

How to describe the flavors? Let's see: Its an American Wheat Ale, but with its added flavors and zestiness it really stands alone. It is fermented with Bell's signature house ale yeast, they say, and with a slight amount of fruitiness it really is a great combination that is memorable and worth waiting for each year. 

 Gotta give it a rating of 5. It is really worth it. 

ABV: 5.8%.

No comments:

Post a Comment