Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The First Oberon of the Season


Steve-o and I went to Sheffield's last week for the big launch of Oberon for the year. I think it is interesting of them to even bother, since it was mid-March and it is a summer beer. Plus you can get it as late as October, so the big launches are really not necessary, unless they are totally out of it, I suppose.

But it was really good, I have to say. It is available everywhere now, and at normal Bell's prices. Why they charge what they do I am not sure, but I guess it seems to work for them (usually 1.50 more per six-pack than others.) I personally think it is because they are making up for the extra amount to pay in bottle rental in Michigan.

At Sheffield's it was packed in there, and was pretty brisk (in business and in cold winds, since we were camped by the door all night). As a side note, I think looking back on it we could have experimented more in the other Founder's choices than we did, since they were the beer of the month on sale.

But anyway, welcome back Oberon. They sure were delicious. I am sad to say Bingo wasn't there, since he was the one who turned me onto Oberon in the first place. Please come back, Bingo.




No comments:

Post a Comment