Monday, April 2, 2012

Craft Beer Monday Review: Paddy Pale Ale

Visited the Onion Brewpub over the weekend and was able to sample a couple of their beers. I will try to get back there with a friend and try some others, and I will have a paddle and review the pub.
But for now I only had a so-so Red Ale, which was rather light and noting special, plus a limited seasonal. They bartendress said that a lot of people were asking for a St Patrick's Day beer so they did this one.

But also on the menu was one that I had tried in the can before, called Paddy Pale Ale. I tried this one on tap, and it was quite an improvement over the red ale. Just look how glowing it looks. You might say that is because of the sun just on the other side of this glass, but who knows?


Comparing it to the canned variety, I can't really say, they both were very good. But if I might make a criticism it would be that the can designs can use a massive improvement. They are not very bold or colorful and make them look kind of cheap.

I like the crispness of this one, without an overpowering amount of hops. Good fresh smells and colors, I think they did a good job with it. If you want a bolder variety, their Hop Slayer (also served in a can that needs work) is the one for you.
I can't wait to return to try some of the others and maybe eat there too.

CBC Rating: 4. Enjoyed in the glass at the pub and in the can too.
ABV: 5.4%

No comments:

Post a Comment