Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Craft Beer Monday Review: Marisol

I know what you are thinking. Should I keep calling anything by Goose Island a local craft beer or even a craft beer at all, but in this specific case I must say that it should be. It is made in Chicago for Rick Bayless and his Frontera Grill and only available at there and at his Frontera Tortas little spot in O'Hare.

Waiting for a plane, I saw that I had about 45 minutes to kill and I was trolling through the airport as I usually do looking for interesting tap handle offerings, and when I saw a round blue tap handle which I didn't recognize at all, surrounded by a Goose Island Matilda and a Negro Modelo handle. As I was trying to figure it out the beertender called me over, and explained what it was. I'm glad she did, it was really nice.


This beer was really quite unique and flavorful. The fancy glassware I drank it out of was fitting too because it was like a wine glass and I felt like I was a fancy person like Bingo with his high octane brews.
It was smooth and lightly sweet, a little fruit but otherwise tasting like the Latin Style White Ale that it is billed as, plus there wasn't too much of an alcohol presence. I liked it, and it actually went quite well with the guacamole and chips. I haven't eaten that stuff in years but this was just right with the refreshing Marisol to go with it.

So until I can pop into the American terminal again or head downtown I will have to do without, as it is not sold anywhere else.

CBC Rating: 4. Served on tap in the Goose Island chalice.

ABV: 6.1%.


1 comment:

  1. Actually I am finding Marisol to be available in more places. See beermenus for more locations:

    http://www.beermenus.com/beers/goose-island-marisol

    ReplyDelete