Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Craft Beer Monday Review: Headless Man Amber Alt

So far, I have been pleased with the offerings by Tyranena in the past, like Rocky's Revenge and Chief Blackhawk Porter. Even though it is not too far for us here, right near Milwaukee, I have never been there. I hope to maybe this summer.

This one, the Headless Man Amber Alt, is another good tasty brew. Along the lines of other alts, this one has the smallest of bites, but is tasty, not too overly malty but nicely balanced. It is also slightly sweet, which is a little unusual for the alts I have tasted (like Iron Works). This is easy for me to review since I really like these lagers types of beer anyway. I know it is an ale, but it is very lager-y.
As far as the "headless man", this refers to the various stone formations that can be found that were built by local tribes long ago. In this particular case, quoting Tyranena:
Not far from the brewery, lying preserved on the floor of Rock Lake, are two effigy mounds - a Headless Man and a Turtle.  Legend tells us, as the Turtle can survive on both land and in water, its spirit helped guide the Headless Man into the afterlife.  May the Turtle's spirit guide you to happiness with a Headless Man Amber Alt.
I am very pleased also to see Tyranena available around here more and more. It used to be only reserved for my Woodman's trips. I will still pick it up there when I go. It is cheaper anyway there.

CBC Rating: 4. Purchased as a part of a Craft your Own at Binnys. Poured into a shaker pint glass.
ABV: 5%.

No comments:

Post a Comment