Monday, November 14, 2011

Craft Beer Monday Review: Lakefront Fixed Gear

Fixed Gear, another offering by Lakefront, In Milwaukee, who I rely on to supply me regularly with the beers I find the most satisfying, has supplied me with another good one.

I have tasted and enjoyed some Red Ales, but as the saying goes, you never know what you're going to get. This is rather unique, in that it is a blend of American Pale Ale, but reddish in color and a little more on the sweet side and not so spicy as other pale ales can get.

I enjoy the good blending of flavors, good traditional malt flavors and the effective handling of the carmels allowing it to be a little sweet and not just crimson in color, as we have seen in many other reds.

Lakefront has given us some good beers at times and at others they have used their imagination with fun names and labels but I feel they might have spent their imagination on the marketing and not the product development (like Wheat Monkey, for example). 

I put this near the top of my favorites for the American Red Ale, so my CBC rating is 5.


This was purchased at Woodman's in Kenosha during a regular Spotted Cow run.

No comments:

Post a Comment