Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Goose Island To Can 312

Sorry, of course I meant Goose Island would start selling 312 in cans. Makes sense since they were bought out by AB Inbev and now have their facilities available. Word is that it would be canned in the Baldwinsville NY Plant, whose area code is 315. Additionally, there will be a  new label design for bottles too (see below).

As a fan of canned beer myself, I think this is a big step and a favorable one for them. I am amazed at how consistent some of the beers were that have been put in a can compared to their bottled brothers. For example, Yuengling Lager tastes a lot better in a can than a bottle, if you ask me (but still not as good as on tap).
 
Craftcans.com reports on all the latest can developments, and is worth checking out. They mention a few I have tasted (and reviewed) that are here in Chicagoland, like Finch, Half Acre and Wild Onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment