Friday, December 2, 2011

Some Local Beer News : Two Brothers 12 Packs, Create Your Own, Frank Thomas

Two Brothers announced they will be selling 12 packs, coming soon. Here is a quick shot from Facebook of the proofs for Domaine Dupage.
This is a good thing, especially for those of us who always have DD in the fridge, we can have more of it, better for parties, etc.


In other news, Binny's is going over to "make your six-packs", ever since it was made so popular by Mariano's and Whole Foods. I often go to a local Mundelein liquor store because they have been selling single bottles for years. It has worked out well for me, because it seems the bars I frequent don't carry as many craft beers as I would like so I usually have to buy 6 at a time in the store instead. The Arlington Heights Binny's was the first, I believe, and SteveBush brought around the 6 he made recently. We samples Tyranena, Breckenridge and Magic Hat, which are three that are not available at my local Mariano's either.


Finally out of my love for baseball I want to let you know about Frank Thomas, who will be signing cans of his Big Hurt Beer all over the place. As this story says, he will be only signing cans of his beer, big 24 oz cans. If my eyes don't deceive me I think these are the big Foster's Oil Cans. Besides Fosters I have only seen these big cans used by Molson Canadian bought while in Canada. How successful it is might just eventually depend on how good it is, after the novelty has worn off. I haven't heard any reviews of the various wines that have Bobby Hull or Tony Esposito's names on them, but I have heard good things from The Coach's wines. This would need to be a must. This is a big 7% ABV beer too. In the old days I believe they called these Malt Liquor.

No comments:

Post a Comment