Friday, December 23, 2011

Seasonal Craft Beer Review: Anderson Valley Winter Solstice

Winter season review time is here, and like I have said before, the styles for the winter beers change from brew to brew, and this is certainly no exception. This is from California, and I have heard of a few others of their beers but they unfortunately are overshadowed by the other California craft brewers, like Sierra Nevada, Anchor, North Coast and Bear Republic.

This is a dark amber, but it has an unexpected sweetness that starts at the beginning and lasts throughout the tasting. There is a spiciness that is caused by the hops, which make it much more smooth than bitter. Creamy and tasty, I think this is a winner.
The extra alcohol makes it tastier too.
Plus it will look good in my beer can collection.

CBC Rating: 5.
Handed to me by CBC Member Stevo, poured from the can into a Shaker Pint Glass.
ABV: 6.9%. 

No comments:

Post a Comment