Saturday, December 3, 2011

Local Breweries I Need to Visit

Over the course of the next 6 months I hope to visit some local breweries that are open for tours, tastings, or just general visits. While I have always hoped there would be more around my area, some have been popping in the greater Chicago area plus a few in Lake County specifically. I will write reviews based on these visits or compile information from friends who do. If you want to go to one of these places or have been there already, let me know.
I will break it down into categories such as those I have been to the pub, tastings, or tour.
Some that I have been to but I didn't mention was the other two Rams: Rosemont and Schaumburg, and the Roundhouse in Aurora. The Roundhouse, when I went, was still American Brewing Company but is now Two Brothers Territory.












Tour and Tastings Attended
Ram, Wheeling, Tasting, Tour
Two Brothers, Warrenville, Tasting, Tour

Tastings Enjoyed
Goose Island, Chicago, Tasting
Mickey Finns, Libertyville, Tasting
Rock Bottom, Chicago, Tasting
Flatlanders, Lincolnshire, Tasting, Tour planned

Tours to Take
Half Acre, Chicago
Finch’s, Chicago
Metropolitan, Chicago
Haymarket, Chicago
Revolution, Chicago
Tighthead, Mundelein
Lake Bluff Brewery, Lake Bluff

Brewpubs to Visit
Piece, Chicago
Emmett’s, Palatine
Onion, Lake Barrington
Milrose, South Barrington
Lunar, Villa Park
Assembly, Hoffman Estates



























4 comments:

  1. I think you should hit Rock Bottom in Lombard, Naperville and Orland. They have different brew masters at each. I personally think Lombard does a surprisingly good job at craft beer making. Not as good as the last guy however. He had an opp to get in on a start up. Probably one of these newer Chicago brewerys that have popped up. Don't forget Gordon Biersch in Bolingbrook. It is part of the Rock Bottom group and originally California based.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Good recommendations. I have only spent a few minutes at the New Orleans GB and that was after a few too many hand grenades, but that is a story for another time.
    At the Rock Bottom in Chicago I had the red ale which was tasty and a Dark which was average, but I didn't really review at the tasting so don't quote me. I will definitely have to try again and probably with Bingo as he has suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. $10 off a Growler To Go! 64 oz of handcrafted beer to take home from Haymarket Brewery (Chicago, IL), a 7 time gold medal winner at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver! Limit two per guest. Excludes barrel aged. Haymarket $10 off coupon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scratch Lunar off the list, went there yesterday. A really nice place with a good selection. Will review next.

    ReplyDelete