Saturday, December 24, 2011

Seasonal Craft Beer Review: Shiner Holiday Cheer

I anticipated enjoying this brew because, as I said in a previous entry, I look forward to trying different styles of beer by brewers who I have liked in the past (as I think a lot of people do) and while I sometimes am a little disappointed in them (see this one) this is not the case for Shiner Holiday Cheer. I liked this one just fine.
It pours a dark amber almost brown color, good sized head, and smells fresh and sweet. The taste is also sweet, with a strong caramel and malt background. Plus there is a slight nutty flavor there too, but not too overpowering like I have seen in others (like the Leinenkugels Fireside Nut Brown Ale).
It finishes dry and very slightly hoppy. But it is more along the lines of a Christmas beer that I appreciate.
Thanks to the Spoetzel Brewery to come up with a winter warmer from a place that doesn't really know what winter is all about.
Poured from the bottle into a shaker pint glass.
Bottle given to me by CBC member Stevo.
ABV: 5.4%

No comments:

Post a Comment