Monday, March 12, 2012

Craft Beer Monday Review: Dynamo Copper Lager

Seems I can't stop talking about Metropolitan Beers, maybe because I really consider myself mostly a lager drinker. I will always be open for a stout or an IPA but European beers are mostly lagers or pilsners and it seems I am always drinking those. But it is refreshing to see a lager brewer these days, and one that mixes it up a little with a lot of varieties.
I really haven't missed with Metropolitan, and this one, the Dynamo Copper Lager is another good one for me. Metro describes it:  

"If malt and hops are the two poles of brewing, this beer is the gently spinning sweet spot between them. First, you’ll notice the spicy aromas of Vanguard and Liberty hops. Then - wipe the foam off the tip of your nose - dive into the toasty flavor of Vienna malt. Dynamo starts strong and finishes crisp and smooth. The balanced flavors, aromas, and even the coppery-red tones of this beer go great with everything. Fear no pairing. The best time to enjoy Dynamo is when you’re thirsty."

It is described as a Vienna Lager by BA. Other Vienna's include Sam Adams Boston Lager and Great Lakes Eliot Ness.
Pretty good company, and I think it compares well to those two.

Overall smooth, hardly any bitterness, but reliable and steady throughout the drink. I think this might be a regular purchase for me, in addition to Yuengling and Spotted Cow for my beer fridge.
Can't wait to take the brewery tour, hopefully in April, but until then I will rely on Binnys to satisfy my Metro cravings.
CBC Rating: 4. Purchased in the Craft Your Own sixpack at Binny's.
ABV: 5.8%.

No comments:

Post a Comment