Sunday, October 16, 2011

Oktoberfest Review Time Coming

It's about time for a review of Oktoberfest Beers! Just for fun I think we will review a big handful, and limit ourselves to those with labels that state themselves as Fest, Autumn or Oktoberfest specially. In other words, no pumpkins, non-Oktoberfest German lagers or Weiss Beers. I will try to use as many submitters as I can for this review.

We are going to use the scale (1-6) for this blog we have been using, with some commentary with each one. I will compile all the reviews and post them here.

Also, since I have been finding that batches change over time and bottling, I am reviewing those I will have tasted this season only. Here's the list that I will most likely be rating. If you have more than this lets put them together the best we can or get together and we can share our thoughts.

Spaten
Sam Adams (draft and bottle)
Leinenkugel's
Hacker Pshorr (draft and bottle)
Two Brothers Atom Smasher
JB Oktoberfest (Trader Joe's)
New Glarus Staghorn
Sprecher
Kostritzer
Goose Island Harvest Ale

No comments:

Post a Comment